Ambassadors are invited by the CEO and/or Board of Business Events Tasmania to represent each of the industry sectors that Tasmania excels in.
Ambassadors have been approached to represent Tasmania in Agriculture, Aquaculture, the Antarctic sector, Arts and Culture, Finance and Economics, Innovation, Maritime, Medical Research, Tourism and Events, Forestry, Sport and Recreation and Education.
The Invited Ambassador's will:
- Speak up and out, whenever the opportunity arises, about Tasmania's strengths within their particular industry and/or discipline.
- Advise Business Events Tasmania if they or their staff and colleagues are travelling to a conference in another state or internationally, especially if they have been invited to speak. This will enable our research to commence into the potential of that conference coming to Tasmania, beginning the bidding process.
- If applicable, use images of Tasmania within their own presentations at conferences, or direct their staff to Business Events Tasmania to obtain the PowerPoint slides for their use.
- Upon request of Business Events Tasmania provide letters of support for bids that pertain to their industry or discipline.
- Encourage their staff or colleagues to develop inaugural conferences or bid for their existing national and international conference. This may include supporting the conference.
- Support Business Events Tasmania with securing Catalyst Program Champions within their industry.
- To attend one Business Events Tasmania function, as an invited guest, within the year.
- Assist with introductions or connections as needed.
- Allow their name to be promoted on our list of Ambassadors and associated with Business Events Tasmania.