Competing in the MICE Space
30-Apr-2012 | The Corporate and Incentive market in Australia is a highly competitive environment as more and more destinations realise the high yield value of hosting such business events.Business Events Tasmania has been working and building relationships within this sector and we have been able to gather more details on the types of products and destinations that we regularly compete against.
Firstly, what are some of the key elements that corporate and incentive organisers consider when selecting a destination, product or experience for their clients?
- Accessibility - is it easy to get to?
- Safety - this is always a consideration of the international MICE markets for a destination but also relates to the type of activities included.
- Accommodation - location and service standards are always considered.
- Experiences - are they world class, bespoke and will they afford bragging rights?
- Food and Wine - regional and remarkable are high considerations.
- Innovative Transfers - limousines, ferries and double decker buses - getting there should be memorable!
- Creativity - personalising gifts and experience to make a lasting impression.
Tasmania ticks these boxes and more!
Business Events Tasmania's recently released Corporate and Incentive Brochure has been well received in the market place.
Recently Stuart and the Sales Team visited Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane meeting with our key clients to provide destination and product updates. The team received excellent feedback from the group who are positive and proactively pitching Tasmania to their clients. The group also provided us with invaluable industry intelligence on the marketplace.
Below is a list of products in a variety of regional areas that we have found our properties in Tasmania are competing with and sometimes losing business to.
A key message from the market is that in most instances when a property or region in Tasmania loses an event it is not to another Tasmanian property or region. This highlights the importance of the business events industry working in collaboration when marketing the destination.