Launceston Travel and Information Centre Are Moving
24-Jul-2012 | The Launceston Travel and Information Centre has agreed to a five year tenancy with Australia Post to relocate its operations to the GPO site on Cameron St. Benefits of the move include:
- Showcasing Launceston's heritage brand: the Post Office is a superb heritage building with stunning internal and external architectural features, including the Clock Tower.
- High visibility to capture consumers: the Post Office site is arguably the most recognised address in Launceston.
- Close proximity to the CBD: this will enable greater dispersal of visitors throughout the City.
- Continued proximity to the Transit Centre: the new location is only one block from the Transit Centre so Launceston Travel and Information Centre is able to maintain its existing links.
- Reduction in rental costs: the Centre is committed to improving its operational efficiencies with the move to the Post Office site providing a substantial decrease in rent expenditure.
- The new site will offer more short term parking spaces as well as being within easy walking distance from the undercover Paterson St car park.
It is likely LTIC will relocate in October/November prior to the peak travel season.
For any queries regarding the proposed move please do not hesitate to contact Melinda Anderson, Tourism Manager (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Sandy Avens, LTIC Team Leader (email@example.com).